Dean Fleming Consulting LTD.
Registered Office :
2nd Floor, Clyde Offices, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP
Registered in Scotland Number: SC659665
The companies known together in this document as “Dean Fleming Mortgage Brokers”, “DFMB”, “Dean Fleming Consulting LTD”, “we” and “us”
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, or contact us. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information we collect automatically: When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically, such as your IP address, browser type and version, device type and identifier, and pages visited. We may also collect information about your usage of our website or services, such as the date and time of your visit, the pages and features you access, and any errors you encounter.
- Information we collect from third parties: We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as estate agents, new home builders, or third-party mortgage sourcing websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To initially engage with you to discuss your requirements: We use your personal data to contact you and discuss your mortgage or protection product needs.
- To process and deliver your application for a mortgage or protection product: We use your personal data to process your application for a mortgage or protection product, including performing an affordability check.
- To respond to case enquiries: We use your personal data to respond to any enquiries you may have.
- To perform an affordability check for a property on behalf of an estate agent or new home builder: With your consent, we may use your personal data to perform an affordability check for a property on behalf of an estate agent or new home builder.
- To administer and protect our business and website: We use your personal data to troubleshoot, analyze data, test systems, and perform maintenance on our website and business.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With service providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, and customer service.
- For legal reasons: We may share your information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- With your consent: We may share your information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, as well as information about how we use and share that data.
- The right to correct: You have the right to request that we correct any personal data that is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erase: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- The right to restrict: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or object to its processing.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your personal data to another organization, or to you, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, in certain circumstances.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In determining the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from accidental or unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
THE TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
We use three types of cookies on our website:
• Session cookies that are deleted after each visit
• Persistent/tracking cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our websites
• Third party cookies that are used by other parties, for example Google Analytics
Session cookies and persistent cookies are necessary in order for you to use our website. These cookies can be deleted via your browser, but this will restrict the functions that you are able to carry out on our websites. For more information on how to disable cookies in your browser please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website. (http://www.ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/)
Session cookies expire when you leave the website and are not stored on your computer and do not contain any personal data.
Persistent cookies last beyond your visit to our website. We use Google Analytics on our website. This is a tracking cookie which enables us to track how popular a site is and to record visitor trends over time. The cookie does not contain any personal data but it does contact your computer’s IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the website from and to track your page visits within the site.
These cookies are usually supplied by business partners and help us to filter out information which is not relevant to you.
ACCEPTING / BLOCKING COOKIES
You can accept or block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more information on how to disable cookies in your browser please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website. (http://www.ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/).
COOKIES AND DEMOGRAPHICS
We may use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics.
For more information about cookies visit the Information Commissioners website
www.ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookiesThis statement can be condensed by only displaying the questions and expanding the text to show the answer when the customer clicks on that question.